Monday 31 May 2010

Waterfall Jacket

View of back panels manufactured together.  I have decided that there will be no CB seam as its totally unnecessary and isn't aesthetically pleasing so the middle panel will be cut on the fold.

 Due to the amount of fabric in the waterfall collar it was extremely difficult to manufacture it on neatly, but I believe it will be easier on my final garment as the fabric being used is a lot lighter than Calico.

View of waterfall collar from the front.I am very happy with how this has turned out and I think the shape the waterfall technique is creating is very visually pleasing.
This is the waterfall detailing at the base of the jacket, as you can see it is a repetition of the collar and I think it finishes off the garment perfectly.
 The puff sleeve was also difficult to sample due to the heavy quality of the Calico, which made it very difficult to gather.  Again, my final garment shall be more effective as a lighter, thinner fabric will be used here which is a lot easier to gather.



No comments:

Post a Comment