Friday 4 June 2010

Toile for Draped Dress

Drape to go at CF of dress.  To create this I cut a large piece of fabric and gathered and pinned it in place, trimming off the excess where necessary.
Shoulder strap/ gathering.  Created using pretty much the same method as the CF drape but its pinned t either end and I had to do a lot more manipulating to get the correct shape.
Bra style top added. I had to manipulate this piece a lot to get the right shape to create drama and more importantly cover the bust!
This is the base dress and bra draping which I created from the patterns I made during the previous stages, as you can see this process has been rather effective and I am pleased with the results.

Here is an up close shot of the bra area.  I had some difficulty when gathering the fabric as it was rather thick, but my final fabric is a lot lighter than this and is much easier to gather.

 View of centre folded zip used in toile.  As you can see there are a lot of raw edges which will not be there in my final garment as I plan to bind all the edges to give a clean finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment