Friday 4 June 2010

Tiered skirt in Final Fabric

I used the same methods as my toile as these turned out to be very successful and made the amendments I previously mentioned such as manufacturing the base skirt before attaching the tiers.
Due to the nature of the fabric a binding along the upper hem would not have been suitable so I decided to attach a facing, making my skirt a lot sturdier and more able to support the weight of the layers of fabric and using a centre folded zip instead of an invisible as it was more in keeping with my collection and more effective with my fabric choices.

Another adaptation that I made to this skirt was to gather the tiers of fabric instead of pleating as I decided that the pleats did not tie in very well with my collection as this would be the first and only time they would be used.  Whereas gathering created a softer, more feminine look that tied in much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment