Friday 25 June 2010

Bra top in final fabric

I used the patterns I previously created from using the draping method to cut out all the pieces needed for the garment.

I then proceeded to pinning the pieces of fabric in place on the mannequin, making the folds and pressing them into place after, ready to sew.

I sew along the CF in order to hold the pleats in place as this proved successful in my toile.

After this I manufactured the back strap into place at one side seam, leaving the other open as there needs to be a fastening at one side which is going to be hook and eyes which will be put in place after fittings.

I then bound the edges in order to give a neat finish.

During fittings I pinned where the hook and eyes had to go and finished off the garment, attaching it to the leotard so that no accidents would happen on the cat walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment