Wednesday 23 June 2010

Leotard in final fabric

I manufactured the shoulder seams into place first so that all pieces except for the sleeves were together to begin with.
 
Here is a front view of the leotard after the side seams were put together, I am really happy with the fit of this so far.
 
Side seam.  As I am going to have to attach a sleeve later I will have to use the on the round method.
 
I originally wanted there to be a zip along the CB as a design feature but due to the nature of the fabric this isn't very practical as it bubbles as you can see here.  I have decided to completely scrap the zip as its not necessary anyway and cut the back panel on the fold, removing a CB seam completely.

I think it looks much better without the zip and I actually prefer it to my original design as it looks an awful lot neater.
 
This is a picture of the completed leotard with the bra top and leggings as a complete outfit sdring fittings week.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment