Friday 25 June 2010

Draped Dress in final fabric

I created the main part of the dress first from, sewing the darts in place and adding in a centre folded zip in the side seam.

I then proceeded to create the bra of the dress, pinning the piece of fabric in place to make sure it fit the mannequin and marking where the gathering was needed.  I used an industrial machine with a gather foot to do my next step of gathering all my pieces of fabric which include the bra, shoulder detail/strap and CF drape.

I then bound the edges of the bra and around the back of the main dress, after this I carefully attached the bra at the bottom of each cup and made sure my side seams aligned properly.

After this I pinned the drape in place and discovered it was too heavy for my garment so I decided to scrap it and I prefer it without.

I then manufactured the shoulder strap into place at the CF and CB of the garment.  My last step was t do the hem and then my dress was completed

No comments:

Post a Comment